Continental Electrical Apprentice in Winchester, Virginia
Continental - Winchester has a great career opportunity for an Electrical Apprentice. This is a to develop a highly skilled position within the Engineering & Maintenance Department that requires a commitment to the successful achievement of targeted objectives. The Industrial Electrician will be involved in all aspects of plant mechanical equipment electrical function. The position will report directly to the Senior Electrical Supervisor. This is a day light position (8am-5pm) on a Monday - Friday schedule.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• New equipment installation for projects within a timely manner
• Troubleshooting and repair of existing equipment
• Responsible for preventive maintenance for existing equipment
• Timely response to projects and repair to minimize downtime for equipment and production lines
• Enrollment in a formal technical training program (vocational/college level)
• Must be able to work in industrial environment
• Knowledge of electrical and electronic controls, programmable logic controllers, AC and DC drives, motor controls and instruments
• Able to read and work from schematics and drawings
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Visual Basic
No relocation or sponsorship offered for this position
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The ContiTech division develops, manufactures and markets products, systems and intelligent components made of rubber, plastic, metal and fabric. They are used in machine and plant engineering, mining, agriculture, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.
Manufacturing Operations and Production
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.