Continental Production Technician (Compounding) in Winchester, Virginia
Production Technician (Compounding)
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world's leading suppliers of technicial elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Winchester, Virginia location is seeking a Production Technician to join our Compounding team. The ideal candidate will be involved in compounding of raw materials in preparation for production which involves a strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask and support the manufacturing line.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• As an Production Technician - Compounder you are responsible for compounding functions - weighing components (i.e. powders and resins) of a formula in • Responsible for compounding functions - weighing components (i.e. powders and resins) of a formula in preparation for production.
• You will be required to complete the certification for OSHA forklift training and to safely operate forklifts
• Requirements as the Production Technician - role include the ability to navigate and input data into a data operating system
• You will be required to maintain a clean and safe environment at all times
• Your shift will be structured on night shift(7pm-7am) on a 4 on 4 off schedule, training on daylight will be required
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• On-site Gym
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Ability to follow directions and measurements for compounding formulas
• Requires a strong attention to detail
• Requires use of a respirator
• Safety awareness in daily work including general housekeeping to ensure a safe working environment
• Act as an effective team member to communicate daily tasks and instructions
• Must be able to work in industrial environment
• Must be authorized to work in the US without visa or other sponsorship
• Must be willing to work overtime and nights
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
• 1+ years of manufacturing experience
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The ContiTech division develops, manufactures and markets products, systems and intelligent components made of rubber, plastic, metal and fabric. They are used in machine and plant engineering, mining, agriculture, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.
Manufacturing Operations and Production
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000