Continental Production Technician (Flex Utilty Controller - Calendars) in Winchester, Virginia
Production Technician (Flex Utilty Controller - Calendars)
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world's leading suppliers of technicial elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Winchester, Virginia location is seeking Production Technicians - Flex Utility Controller to join our team. The ideal candidates will be involved in the manufacturing of calendared products which involves a strong leadership skills and the ability to multitask and lead the manufacturing line. This position will support all Calendars and serve a floating Utility person to ensure production needs are being met.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• As an Production Technician - Flex Utility Controller you will function as a versitale team member within the production line by learning and supporting all functions of the manufacturing line across the plant
• In this role you will be required to accurately production schedules to verify incoming material while monitoring and testing quality to customer specifications
• You will be responsible for responding to and troubleshooting defects to meet the required measurables when not meting specification requirements
• Requirements as the Production Technician - Flex Utility Controller role include the ability perform set up of operations and learning each Calendering process to support the production teams
• You will be required to maintain a clean and safe environment at all times
• Your shift will be structured on night shift (7pm-7am) on a Monday-Thursday/Friday schedule, to transition to a 4 on 4 off scheduled once crew is established; with training availability on daylight (7am-7pm) and for orientation requirements.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• On-site Gym
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Act as an effective line lead and to communicate daily tasks and instructions to all manufacturing associates on the production line
• Ability to navigate data operating system to input manufacturing data, view SOP's and quality specifications
• Safety awareness in daily work including general housekeeping to ensure a safe working environment
• Must be able to work in industrial environment
• Must be authorized to work in the US without visa or other sponsorship
• Must be willing to work nights and overtime
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
• 2+ years of manufacturing experience
• Previous experience with production line operations
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The ContiTech division develops, manufactures and markets products, systems and intelligent components made of rubber, plastic, metal and fabric. They are used in machine and plant engineering, mining, agriculture, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.
Manufacturing Operations and Production
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.