Continental R&D Lead (Tech Center for NA) in Winchester, Virginia
R&D Lead (Tech Center for NA)
Continental - Winchester has a great career opportunity for Research & Development Lead for Technical Service for North America. This position is located in Winchester, VA. This role is critical role as the R& D lead for the North American business. Serves as a member of the Winchester Management Team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate the creation and execution of the regional product strategy as part of the regional strategy of the BU and the global R&D strategy
• Establishment of project plans for all functions of the regional Research & Development Tech Center, consistent with the regionals objectives and the R&D strategy
• Knowledge of creations within R&D for all product groups in the region
• Devise, implement and monitor effectiveness of Research & Development projects and standards
• Organize resources optimally to maximize quality, productivity and efficiencies for R&D
• Benchmarking and continuous improvement of all functions part of R&D
• Constant monitoring of R&D projects, processes and equipment as well as future trends and opportunities in the region
• Secure frequent communication with global R&D
• Develop short term and long term investment plans based on local, regional and global strategic plan in alignment with global R&D
• Manages and provides Leadership, mentoring and development of all R&D employees of region
• Support good working relationships with regulatory and civic partners
• Actively supports cross functions, interdisciplinary exchange with the technical knowhow
• Safeguard regional implementation of global standards and organizational principles
• PhD in Chemistry / Polymer science
• Polymer, compounding and sheet production knowledge
• Knowledge of sheet processing technologies
• Proven expertise of leadership skills in remote teams
• Business and financial acumen, General Management understanding
• Multi-project Management skills, tools and techniques
• Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230.000 employees in 56 countries. As a division in the Continental Corporation, ContiTech is one of the world's leading industrial specialists. Its customers can be found in key industries such as machine and plant engineering, mining, the agricultural industry, and the automotive industry. With around 46,000 employees in 44 countries, the company uses its development and material expertise for products and systems made of rubber, polyamide, metal, textile, and electronic components to combine these with individual services. ContiTech also offers functional and design-oriented living solutions and is always searching for customer-friendly and environmentally-friendly answers – going well and truly beyond its roots as a producer of rubber products. With sales of approximately €5.5 billion (2016), this international technology partner is active with core branches in Europe, Asia, North and South America.
General Management, Research and Development
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.